Friday, May 25, 2012

No Promises.

I decided to start this blog of my experiences in the Holy Land so I can have another record of my time here, to be able to look back and remember all the things I saw, felt, and learned. 

In an article I read before coming to Jerusalem, one of the old religion professors expressed, “something about the program is life-changing... Jerusalem is no longer a place; it is something in your heart”. Today is the one month anniversary of my arrival here in Jerusalem. In that short time, I have gained a great love for this place, for its history and people. It already has a hold on my heart. I can only imagine the feelings I will have when I leave in August.

I can't promise that I will be a regular blogger-- there are too many things to do in a day! But I will try to post pictures, stories, and thoughts as often as I can. 


I think this was my first official picture with the Dome of the Rock.
This was on our Jerusalem Overlook FT during our first week.

My fantastic roommates and I on Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment