Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happenings

So... I know I've been MIA. School has been super busy, and there have been too many fun things to occupy my time! 
Going back a few weeks...

Shephalah fieldtrip- the low hill country of Israel. We visited some cool sites where we talked about the stories of Samson and David. We got to practice our slingshot skills, sing in some awesome caves, explore some underground settlements, and so much more... Good, HOT day.

David and Goliath reenactment and slingshots

The Davids and I, for obvious reasons.
The Bell Caves (1. Hailey and Steph 2. Michael)


 The toe fiasco...
I ended up having to get surgery on my toe. I stubbed it really badly and lost a bunch of the skin in Turkey (running to a water slide at Aqua Fantasy... so worth it), and it didn't heal properly. It basically formed an ingrown toenail and got super inflamed. It was incredibly painful and sensitive. The doctor at the clinic had to numb my toe and then remove about 1/3 of my toenail. WOAH. Basically, the whole experience was the most excruciating pain of my life. If you want all the lovely details, let me know and I'll gladly share!
(I also discovered that apparently I laugh hysterically when I'm in severe pain... Weird.)

My toe, pre-surgery. So attractive... That thing killed.

My roommate, Devery, and I at the clinic

The next day, a group went to Ice City over in West Jerusalem!! Good times.
Afterwards, some of us wandered around the King David Hotel area of West J. It was beautiful!

Ice City
1. Ice Models- Angela, David, Anna Marie 2. Robin and Anna Marie

Anna Marie and AJ. So in love.

David and I (contrary to popular belief, this is not an engagement picture)

King David Hotel- AJ, Anna Marie, Jamie, Meg

Iced hot chocolate on a hot day

Friday was blue stripes day, thanks to the "fashion committee". We're so cute!!


Sabbath evening, Jon Schmidt (the famous pianist) played a free concert at Augusta Victoria!! It was absolutely incredible. He is so talented!
Also, before the concert, a few of us made some new niño friends! They were so funny and cute.

 Becca, Jon Schmidt, Anna Marie, Laura

Beautiful music. Beautiful setting.

My niños

On our free day, Anna Marie, Lauren, and I walked around the Old City and West Jerusalem. We visited the Great Synagogue, which was really cool! I love visiting all these different religious sites. I'm gaining a greater appreciation of other faiths and their ways of worship.

The Jerusalem Great Synagogue

1 comment:

  1. You are so gorgeous! I can't even handle it! Looks like so much fun! Miss ya Beka!

    ReplyDelete